- I know it’s busy, there’s nothing I can do. Telling me is pointless, tell the manager that rosters people.
- When I ask how you are I’m not asking about all your ailments and how you just came back from a funeral, please stop telling me these things.
- I’m not deaf. Just because you have a whole customer in front of you doesn’t mean they act as a soundproof wall, I heard those rude comments, fuck you.
- Please stop leaving items in the drinks fridge/confectionery stands/magazine racks, I’d happily take the items and put them behind my register.
- My register is NOT Narnia! I don’t have a thousand things hidden under there that you think I should have.
- If you want your bags packed in a particular way offer to pack them, don’t unpack everything I just did, you could have saved us both time.
- If I ask you to do something (ie. take items out of a basket, put a 10kg bag back into your trolley, etc) I’m not being rude, I’m not making a suggestion, I’m asking you as I’m unable to/would rather not injure myself.
- When you’re in a rush don’t come shopping. The fact you forgot to pick your children up isn’t my issue. Yelling at me “I’M IN A RUSH!!” in a rude way will make me go slower.
…finally, I know I’m short, don’t ask “how do you do this job (being so short)?” because one day I will throw my arms and your groceries in the air and scream “I HAVE NO IDEA, IT MUST BE IMPOSSIBLE!” and walk away from my register and you.